19 November 2017

A Last Kiss

A kiss. That is what woke me. Lesley, my wife, was leaving to work the early shift at Batchelors. A kiss was something we shared when either of us was leaving the other.

A short time later I was about to get our two children ready for school when there was a knock on the front door. I answered it, finding two policemen standing there. I confirmed my name, and was then told that my wife had been involved in a RTA. A bread van had pulled out from alongside of TESCO's, knocked Lesley from her bike and had proceeded to crush her under its wheels. She was killed at the scene.

This event took place 20 November 1996. We had been married for a little over seven years.


The pain associated with this life-changing trauma has long since diminished. However, the memories of our time together linger on. As does my love for a lady who was not only my wife, a mother to Joshua and Sarah, but also my best friend.

Can you find it?

  There is a 15-letter word hidden within this grid. Can you find it?