29 July 2018

The bath challenge

Two years ago, according to a Facebook post, I was beginning to rehabilitate from a stroke by learning how to ascend and descend four steps whilst on the rehabilitation unit at Woodstock Hospital.

Since then I have challenged myself in attempting to rehabilitate through daily living activities where I live and whilst outside of the apartment.

I obtained a bath seat from Ingersoll seniors' centre and I use it whilst I shower.

Tonight I set myself a new challenge, to have a proper bath. For the first time in over two years I managed to kneel and then sit in the water before again getting into a kneeling position and climbing out of the bath.

 I had a couple of concerns. The first was when trying to sit. I had a tightening of the thigh muscle in my weaker left leg, reminiscent of a Charlie horse I experienced in hospital. The other one was fathoming out how to get out of the bath. Being stuck there did not appeal!

Where there's a will I'll try and find the way.

Can you find it?

  There is a 15-letter word hidden within this grid. Can you find it?